My nails #3: Tsubasa Masuwaka inspired nails

Hi guys! Hope everyone's doing well :) So it was my hubby's birthday last Friday and we were going out with some of his friends to a casual pub, but I felt like jazzing up my nails a bit. I've had them short for a while to let them breathe, but I felt like I wanted a little length and I remembered a website called Cheeserland that I'd stubled upon while looking for Dolly Wink eyelashes (fakies from Japan) and it had a cute nail tutorial on it. They're nails from the creator of Dolly Wink lashes and I thought they were so girly and cute I had to give it a go. So I used some nail chips that I got from Daiso and painted them and just glued them onto my own nails. Here they are:




The little white heart on my ring finger is just a little hard plastic sticker from a scrapbooking place that I glued onto my nail. Quick and easy 3d. Ring is from forever 21 if you're wondering.
And in case you haven't seen my other blog, I posted this pic of my blinged out camera. Just thought I'd show you guys too! And there are my nails :D

So here's my question, do you guys do the whole press on nail thing? Just on a special occasion when you can't get to the nail salon or is it something that you just don't go near? Tacky? What are your thoughts?
Okay, that's enough from me, hope you guys have a good night!