My nails #2: Nautical nails and a bit of news...

Hi all! Hope everyone's doing well :) I know it's been a while, I've been a bit busy lately but I do have some news. I'm going back to school...for nails! Yes, I'm going to be taking a nail technician course starting March 29th. So I've been a bit busy trying to sort out tuition, applications and then today I went to pay for the first half of my tuition. So I've been a busy bee. It starts pretty soon, so I wanted to make sure that everything was sorted before I could sit and relax...and blog.

I'm so excited, I think it's about time I step back into the working world again. It's been a while. I picked the best school in my area to make sure I do it right. I've heard that many nail salons look for graduates of this particular school so it only made sense.

Anyway, no tutorial again, but I do have a new nail design. I did it in like 15 mins so it was a rush for all the details on there but I felt I HAD to have my nails done since I was meeting one of the directors of the school today. So I didn't have time for pics for a tut. Sorry! And I'm trying to strengthen my natural nails since we'll be doing manicures and all on each other so I took off my fakies and I'm back to my stumpy little nails.

Anyway, here are my nautical themed nails:



So for most of the nails, all I did was paint my nails white and used a navy nail polish with a thin nail art brush to make lines. Then I just decorated them with small gold beads, rhinestones, jump rings (the gold circles are used for jewelry making so you can get them at beading stores or arts and crafts stores) and the "life preservers" are from the donut molds that I got. On the ring finger I just used left it white and painted the anchor on with a thin brush, too. I had 5 people grab my hands today to take a closer look and one was at the drive through while I was getting coffee! Haha, I was handing back the debit thingy and felt a tug. Weird...

Anyway, hope you guys had a great weekend!